Moldovan students got a taste of what "soft" tourism can look like, which is friendly to people and nature. During an excursion to the country's south in the new Lower Dniester National Park, they explored its beauty on foot, from the saddle of a bicycle and a canoe.read more
Arnika is a Czech non-profit organization that has been uniting people striving for a better environment since 2001.
Our mission is to protect nature and a healthy environment for future generations both in Czechia and abroad. In our activities, we rely on three components - public involvement in the decision-making process, expert opinions and justified requests, and media coverage of the problems. In the long-term, we are promoting less waste and hazardous substances, wild living rivers and diverse nature, and the right of citizens to make decisions about the environment.
Our stories with a happy ending prove that the work of the people in Arnika brings concrete results. We are constantly working to keep it that way. However, Arnika's list of successes would be much shorter without the help of volunteers and sponsors.
We are members of international & Czech associations:
- IPEN (International Pollutants Elimination Network)
- GAIA (Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives)
- Health Care Without Harm
- EEB (European Environmental Bureau)
- European ECO Forum
- European Rivers
- IRN (International Rivers Network)
- FoRS (Czech Forum for Development Cooperation)
- Zelený kruh (Green Circle) − association of the Czech environmental NGOs
- KliK - Czech climate coalition
- STEP - Network of Czech environmental advice centres
- Pavučina (Spider Web) - network of Czech environmental education centres
Our international activities are kindly supported by individual donors and the following funds: